School Council Minutes – Thursday 3rd November 2011
Focus: Ideas for ways to link with our partner schools in Gloucestershire (UK), Paris (France) and Karonga (Malawi)
We shared our ideas for ways in which we can become better friends with the children from our partner schools.
Our ideas were:
- Send letters / postcards
- Use school blogs
- Use the webcam and Skype
- Email each other
- Send presents / parcels / make things
- Learn the languages that they speak
- Year 1/2 – Nickleby have been emailing scientists in the Antarctica
- Year 3/4 – Last year we wrote to our pen pals in Malawi
- Year 5/6 – This year they have written to their pen pals in Eastington Primary School and received a reply when they were at Wick Court Farm. They have met their friends when they visited Eastington just before October half term. They have just finished writing their letters to their French pen pals and these are going to be sent.
- Year 1/2 – teachers in Pickwick and Oliver to email scientists in the Antarctica
- Year 3/4 – Macy is going to speak to Ms Rhys-Evans to plan in Literacy for children to write to their friends in Malawi
- Year 5/6 – Bridgett is going to speak to Miss Robertson to plan in Literacy for children to write thank you notes.
If you are a pupil at one of our partner schools, perhaps you have some ideas as well?